XML Encryption strawman proposal

From: Ed Simon <ed.simon@entrust.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 12:08:46 -0400
To: "'xml-encryption@w3.org'" <xml-encryption@w3.org>
During the IETF48 meeting in Pittsburgh last week, there was an informal
get-together of
several people to discuss chartering an XML Encryption effort within the
W3C.

After the meeting, Brian LaMacchia sent me his example of a possible format
for the algorithm
and keying information and I began documenting whatever thoughts about an
XML Encryption architecture entered my stream of consciousness.

Attached is the merged result.  This is, obviously, a very initial document,
but we
would appreciate hearing what you think.

 <<xmlencoverview.html>>

Ed