XML Recommendation: omissions?

From: Tom Burnham <t-burnham@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 18:08:53 -0500
To: <xml-editor@w3.org>

W3C Recommendation 16 August 2006, edited in place 29 September 2006"
which I found at: http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/

In section 3.2.2 Mixed Content, shouldn't there be a constraint which says
that values of type #PCDATA must match some production rule?  (I suspect
that the rule should be "[43] content".)

In section 3.3.1 Attribute Types, shouldn't there be a constraint which says
that values of type CDATA must match some production rule?  (I suspect that
the rule should be "[10] AttValue".)

I note that the term "CDATA" is a proper substring of "#PCDATA", which makes
searching for "CDATA" inefficient because of hits on "#PCDATA".  I also note
that "CDATA" appears both alone as an atrribute type and also in the
combination "CDATA section", which adds further false hits when one just
wants the attribute type references.  I would be nice to replace "CDATA"
with "#CDATA", but I suppose it's a bit too late for that sort of change.
:-)

Regards,

Tom Burnham