Editorial: a reference to [XML Names]

From: Hiroaki Hasegawa <w4ard@s26.xrea.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:02:45 +0900
To: <xml-editor@w3.org>

Dear xml-editor,

In "Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.1 (Second Edition)", I found a
reference to "XML Names":
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml11-20060816/#xml-names

It refers to "Namespaces in XML" ( http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/ ) and
the latest version of the specification is "Namespaces in XML 1.0 (Second
Edition)":
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-names-20060816

The specification says in "7 Conformance of Documents" as follows:
> This specification applies to XML 1.0 documents. To conform to this
specification, a document MUST be well-formed according to the XML 1.0
specification [XML10].

So this specification does not apply to XML 1.1 documents, does it? I also
think that future versions of this specification do not apply to XML 1.1
documents either because of the presence of "Namespaces in XML 1.1 (Second
Edition)":
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-names11-20060816

The specification clearly declares that it is applicable to XML 1.1
documents in "7 Conformance of Documents":
> This specification applies to XML 1.1 documents. To conform to this
specification, a document MUST be well-formed according to the XML 1.1
specification [XML 1.1].

Therefore I suggest that the URI of the reference to "XML Names" in
"Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.1 (Second Edition)" be
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-names11 or
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-names11-20060816 .

With best regards,
Hiroaki Hasegawa