Re: Posible error on XML 1.0

Aldo Jiménez Aguilar a écrit :
> I don't understand the Literals BNF and I think is maybe an error.
> The definition says "Any quoted string not containing the quotation
> Mark", and I think is correct.
> But production symbols in BNF's Rule contains [^%&"] as final symbols,
> when an EntityValue is quoted with '"', unless the BNF notation used
> there is not the common EBNF, there is an error.

As explained in section 6 Notation, the construct [^abc] matches any
Char with a value not among the characters given.  This means [^%&"]
matches any character except %, & and ", which is the desired behaviour
for double-quote-delimited literals.  Similarly, [^%&'] excludes ' for
single-quote-delimited literals.

Regards,

--
François Yergeau