Re: [xml-dev] Regd XML algorithms !!

From: Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@datadirect.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:18:17 -0400
To: "Radhakrishna Murthy (RBIN/EEC1)" <Radhakrishna.Murthy@in.bosch.com>, <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Cc: <xml-editor@w3.org>

At 11:36 PM 10/22/2003, Radhakrishna Murthy (RBIN/EEC1) wrote:

>hi everyone,
>  My name is Radhakrishna.

Welcome to the list!

>  i need the information on different algorithms availble to get diffrence
> of contents between 2 XML files.
>  I visited lot of sites.But i couldn't able to get the generic
> algorithm.Every organizatoin has builded it's own algorithms.
>
>  Are they any such algorithms to read the contents of XML files.

Try searching for the words "xml diff algorithm" in Google, it will pull up
a bunch of references to papers. Some of these papers assume that identity
can be assigned to nodes, others do not.

I didn't have time to read these thoroughly, but this reference looks useful:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/niagara/papers/xdiff.pdf

Jonathan