XML/XSL Transformations

From: Yatin Pattni <yatin.pattni@db.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:27:29 +0000
To: xml-editor@w3.org
Cc: eve.maler@east.sun.com

Hi There,

Thanks again Eve for your previous help......

Do you know if it is possible to perform xsl transformations on an xml document which has an internal DTD declared?  This seems to be a problem as the xsl does not seem to match any template (using xsl:template match) when the xml has an internal DTD.

I am also trying to create some JSP dynamically using xml/xsl.  A problem arises when I set the xsl:output method="html" and then have an xml document which looks something like the following:

       <![CDATA[<% if (confo.getNumber("Amount")>1)) out.println(confo.get("Amount"))%>]]>

When the output is set to html in the xsl, the result of the transformation is:

        &lt;% if (confo.getNumber("Amount")&gt;1)) out.println(confo.get("Amount"))%&gt;

This is obviously a problem as the '<' and '>'  entities need to remain in tact.
However, if the output is set to text in the xsl, I lose all the html markup......

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.....

Many Thanks

Yatin

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.