Downloadable archives

From: Pierre Baillet <octplane@via.ecp.fr>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:12:33 +0100
To: webmaster@w3.org
Hi,
I've been using your web quite a lot to get some informations about XML
and I was rather surprised not to find any compressed archives of the
documentation we can download. I read at [1] that you offer to download
various version of the XML1.0 recommendation but no .tar.gz or .zip or
any thing like that. (by .tar.gz I understand the simple HTML file with
the CSS file).

I know this is quite a time consuming thing to do, but this would
probably really improve the speed of downloads (especially when the
thing that downloads the page you want takes 3 minuts to look for
informations about the page you've just displayed...)

hope this helps,

1: <http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006>

--
Pierre Baillet