RE: End-of-line processing and attribute normalisation

From: Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:22:19 GMT
To: (wrong string) çois Yergeau" <yergeau@alis.com>, "'Richard Tobin'" <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>, <xml-editor@w3.org>
> The point is to make sure the AttValue itself is line-end-normalized before
> the normalization described in the bullet list is performed.  Say you have
> in the document entity:
>
> <elem att="foo
> bar&baz;">
>
> where the line end between foo and bar is #xD#xA and where &baz; also
> contains a #xD#xA.  The paragraph before the bullet list ensures
> normalization of the #xD#xA in the AttValue literal.  The third bullet takes
> care of the #xD#xA in the baz entity (whether internal or external, 2.11
> offers no guarantees in either case).

Why doesn't the third bullet take care of the #xD#xA in the AttValue?
Especially with the "(including a document entity)" added by PE8.  The
only way it could be in the document entity is by being in the AttValue
itself, surely?

> Do you still see something that could be an erratum?

I still think that it's unclear, but I don't think that it is wrong.

-- Richard