PCDATA: possible error in XML spec

From: Stefan Mintert <mintert@irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 16:14:56 +0100
To: xml-editor@w3.org
Dear XML editors!

I have a question concerning the XML specification
(http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210): The literal '#PCDATA' is
used in rule [51] "Mixed-content Declaration". But I can not find any
explanation or definition for the term PCDATA. Does the spec contain a
definition? If yes, could you please point me to the section.

I have translated the XML spec into German and I missed a definition for
PCDATA. To be not misunderstood: I do know what PCDATA means, but only
because I have some SGML experience. I think a newcomer to XML won't
know what PCDATA means, if he/she reads only the XML spec.

Any response is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bye,

  Stefan.
-----
Stefan Mintert (stefan@mintert.com)