Errors or am I misreading the standard?

From: Dan Vint <dvint@slip.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:09:01 -0700 (PDT)
To: xml-editor@w3.org
Cc: dvint@slip.net (Dan Vint)
I'm working with the REC-xml-19980210 version of the XML spec.

I'm making an assumption that there should be a reference to a production rule
in order for it to be used, and that if there isn't a rule allowing it, the
examples and any textual reference to a feature doesn't imply that it is
valid.

Given that I think I have found 2 problems:

1) Although there is a section about external subsets and there are two rules in
that section, nothing references rule [30] extsubsetdecl.

2) Parameter entities are shown as being allowed in the Name or the content model in the examples for the [45]elementdecl, but I don't see any productions
that allow parameter entities to be defined in a [5]Name.

I haven't tried these out with a parser yet, so I'm not sure how they are
being implemented, but it seems that there are a couple of problems here.

Also I notice a duplication in rules that isn't needed:

pubidliteral in externalID [75] creates a PUBLIC id, but the nnotationdecl [82]
references externalid and a new publicID [83]. It seems that externalID does
it all.

Is there an ademdem or list of corrections that are available that I should
be looking at?

..dan