Re: Checked in soap 1.2 part 3

From: David Hull <dmh@tibco.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 15:50:04 -0400
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
David Orchard wrote:
> But I note 2 things:
> 1) The error handling section seems somewhat redundant with the text in
> 2.2.
> 2) The error handling section says "or the receiving SOAP node", should
> it say "or any receiving SOAP node(s)"?
I propose removing the last paragraph of 2.2 and replacing the existing
2.4 with it.  2.4 would then read, in its entirety:

    Each SOAP node involved in the message exchange makes its own
    determination of the successful completion of the message exchange.
    Each node MAY independently signal a fault in the case of abnormal
    operation. Determination of abnormal operation is outside the scope
    of this specification. Disposition of such faults is outside the
    scope of this MEP.

Since we're here ... Is there any particular reason we say determination
it outside the scope of the spec, but disposition is outside the scope
of the MEP?  If not, we could merge the last two sentences, giving:

    Each SOAP node involved in the message exchange makes its own
    determination of successful completion of the message exchange. Each
    node MAY independently signal a fault in the case of abnormal
    operation. Determination of successful operation and disposition of
    faults are outside the scope of this specification.

(I've also changed "determination of abnormal operation" to
"determination of successful operation" for consistency.  I'd also be
fine with having "abnormal" in both places.  Or "successful or abnormal"
in both places.  Or ...