RE: REg . SOAP version 1.2

Microsoft shipped general purpose SOAP/1.2 support in the .NET Framework 2.0 (Q4 2005) and in Windows Vista (Q42006) (so technically, the "Wow" started back in 2005 J).

There are several Microsoft technologies that happen to use SOAP/1.2, including device discovery in Windows Vista and the WS-Management stack in Windows Server 2003 R2 (2005).

DB

From: xml-dist-app-request@w3.org [mailto:xml-dist-app-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Christopher B Ferris
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:20 AM
To: Ashish7 A
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org; xml-dist-app-request@w3.org
Subject: Re: REg . SOAP version 1.2

Ashish,

I don't have the information regarding JBoss that you seek, suggest that you check their web site directly.
As for whether the publication date of SOAP1.2 Rec corresponds with product availability, it does not. Many vendors
have shipped implementations of the SOAP1.2 Recommendation including IBM, Microsoft and many more.
For specifics on availability, suggest that you consult the various vendor's sites.

As for IBM's products, we provide support for SOAP1.2 in the WebSphere Application Server 6.1 Feature Pack
for Web services [1]

[1] https://www14.software.ibm.com/iwm/web/cc/earlyprograms/websphere/soawas61/

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris