Draft SOAP One-way MEP

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:01:13 -0800
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Hi all,

I spent today working on the SOAP One-way MEP including a buncho grungy
ed work of getting it in xmlspec.  It is attached in html and xmlspec,
as well as an updated state transition diagram.

There are a few decisions of interest in this document.

One decision is the name of the message property at the sender and the
receiver.  There are 2 choices, and I picked the first:

1) Retain request-response mep compatibility which means "outbound"
message at sender and "inbound" message at receiver

2) Lose request-response mep compatibility and change to just "message"
at sender and receiver.

Another decision is whether to have Sending and Receiving states, or
just collapse into Init (as proposed by DavidH in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2006Mar/att-0037/one-wa
y-MEP.htm). I chose to retain the explicit states for backwards
compatibility with req-resp.

Another decision is the name.  I propose the "SOAP One-way MEP".  I
don't think this is a "SOAP 1.2 One-way MEP".

Small ed point: I know the std diagram is poorly listed as an example.
Xmlspec 2.2 lost the caption child of graphic and people are using the
example/graphic hack currently.

Cheers,

Dave

.

One-wayMEPSTD.png
(image/png attachment: One-wayMEPSTD.png)