RE: Updated SOAP 1.2 Part 3 document

Comments inline.

________________________________

From: David Hull [mailto:dmh@tibco.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:58 PM
To: David Orchard
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Subject: Re: Updated SOAP 1.2 Part 3 document

A few quick questions:

*	The receiver MUST determine whether a message was successfully
received.  How can it do this, in general?  For example, the sender
sends a UDP message which falls on the floor.  The receiver knows
nothing.  How does it determine success or failure, or even that anyone
tried to send a message?

DBO>> If a sender sends a UDP message on the floor and the receiver
knows nothing, then it cannot determine that it successfully received a
message.  I think the wording around this is for messages that the
receiver has.

*	Is there one set of the given properties, shared by the sender
and receiver, or does each have its own copy?  I'm going to guess that
each has its own copy.

DBO>> I think they each have their own copy, but it's the same as all
the other properties in the other MEPS.

*	The state property doesn't seem to be mentioned elsewhere in the
description.  Under which circumstances in the rest of the description
is which copy of the state set to what value, or left undefined?

DBO>> I agree it isn't mentioned elsewhere, and probably should.  How
about something like "The SENDER should set the next value of State is
Fail if itdetermines a FAULT has occurred then, otherwise the next value
of State is Success" and the same for the RECIEVER.

David Orchard wrote:

I've added some text based upon Noah's suggestions for describing sender
and receiver responsibilities and changed to be SOAP 1.2 Part 3.

Let's talk on the list and the next telcon, whenever that occurs.

Cheers,

Dave