Re: Thought of the day:

From: Jan Algermissen <jalgermissen@topicmapping.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 21:34:19 +0100
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
To: David Hull <dmh@tibco.com>

On Jan 9, 2006, at 9:17 PM, David Hull wrote:

> "The REST interface is designed to be efficient for large-grain
> hypermedia data transfer, optimizing for the common case of the
> Web, but
> resulting in an interface that is not optimal for other forms of
> architectural interaction." -Roy Thomas Fielding, "Architectural
> Styles
> and the Design of Network-based Software Architectures", Chapter 5.

Yes....and?

I bet not even the most bigot RESTafarian would ever propose to use
REST as the architectural style for implementing word processors, eh?

Jan

Jan Algermissen, Consultant & Programmer
http://jalgermissen.com
Tugboat Consulting, 'Applying Web technology to enterprise IT'
http://www.tugboat.de