Re: Rewrite of SOAP 1.2 Adjuncts

As far as I can tell, what we have, or at least what we want to have if
we take this approach is SOAP-independent request-response.  That is,
something always goes out, something /always/ comes back, but neither
message need be a SOAP envelope.  The optionality is in the SOAPiness,
not in the existence of a response.

My rough understanding -- subject to change since I may be flat wrong --
is that this MEP would make sense on top of XMPP's "iq" (query)
mechanism, which seems aimed at request-response, but probably not over
the "message" mechanism.  The current SOAP/XMPP realizes this by taking
advantage of XMPP's native WSA-like features to correlate a response
message with a request message, but I believe this misses the important
point that in request-response there is some guarantee that either a
response comes back or a failure is signaled.

If it's possible for the "message"-based request-response MEP to simply
fail to send back a response for arbitrarily long with no indication of
failure, then it would be better to model the exchange as two one-ways,
that is, move the request-response nature up a layer.  In any case, it
would be good to expose XMPP's native WSA-like features as WSA (e.g., if
you receive an XMPP message with an id, it's visible as the [message id]
MAP, or perhaps acts as a default value for it, or MUST be identical to
it or missing, or ...).  There is an open issue for this sort of thing
in WSA at the moment.