RE: How many states on each end?

+1 to Noah.  If we can get rid of much if not all of the state machines,
excellent.  You can see in the new one-way MEP and with my old proposals
for request-response how much easier the MEPs are with simplified state
machines.

I produced a version of the one-way that kept the state machine ONLY to
continue the state machines from the request-response MEP as that seemed
the right thing to do editorially, and shouldn't be interpreted as a
pro-keeping the stance from me.

Cheers,
Dave

On