Re: Fw: multiple MEPs per binding

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Anish Karamarar writes:
>

>>the compatibility/interop issues can be handled by requiring that
>>only the new MEPs (ROR/FAF) include the HTTP header (the older MEPs
>>may include it as well, but will not be required to).
>

> Indeed, though it seems like one more level of complexity, and perhaps one
>
> more reason that existing HTTP implementations might not interact well
> with SOAP.  For example, I don't remember offhand what typical HTTP
> proxies will do with headers such as this (I'm flying at the moment and
> don't have the RFC handy.)

Would this be any different than how HTTP proxies handle SOAPAction http
header (in SOAP 1.1)?

>  So, I'm a bit reluctant to introduce this
> complexity without a compelling reason, but maybe there is one.  For now
> it looks to me like we have 3 potential MEPs to be widely deployed, I.e.
> the two that are in SOAP 1.2 and already supported by the HTTP binding,
> and the one-way.  The former are already well distinguished by GET/POST,
> and as you know I still think it would be a misuse of HTTP to support a
> one way, unless the binding required a non-envelope response under the
> covers anyway.

Right, SOAP-response MEP (uses GET) or a one-way MEP (won't be supported
by our HTTP binding) is not a problem, but we have two MEPs req-res and
ROR that use POST. How does a receiver figure out which MEP was intended
by the sender?