Unable to get Martin Gudgin's XML-->MTOM online converter tool to work

From: Roger L. Costello <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 15:08:06 -0400
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, "'Roger L. Costello'" <costello@mitre.org>
Cc: <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Hi Folks,

I am trying to use the XML-->MTOM online tool that Martin Gudgin created [1]
but am not having any success.

I have written a Java program which reads in Martin's test1a.xml file,
embeds it in an HTTP POST message and sends it to his tool.  Below is the
HTTP message that I POST to the tool (base64 data omitted).  Any ideas on
what I am doing wrong?

POST /dotnet/mtom/mtomecho.ashx HTTP/1.0

<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"
<http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope> >
    <s:Body>
        <x:Data xmlns:x=" <http://example.org/mtom/data>
http://example.org/mtom/data">
            --- test 1a.xml base64 data ---
       </x:Data>
    </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

Here is the error message I get when I run my Java program:

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 400 for URL:
http://martingudgin-2.dsl.easynet.co.uk/dotnet/mtom/mtomecho.ashx

HTTP 400 indicates a client error.  Apparently, something is incorrect with
my HTTP message, but I do not know what that might be.  Any thoughts would
be much appreciated.  Thanks!

/Roger

[1] http://martingudgin-2.dsl.easynet.co.uk/dotnet/mtom/mtomecho.ashx