SOAP XMPP Binding

From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@jabber.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:04:19 -0600
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Cc: www-ws-cq@w3.org

Hugo Haas recommended that I communicate with the XML Protocol Working
Group (cc'ing the W3C Web Services Coordination Group) regarding a
binding of SOAP to XMPP (see RFC 3920) that has been defined by the
Jabber Software Foundation (JSF). The SOAP XMPP Binding is specified in
JEP-0072 within the JSF's JEP series:

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0072.html

At this time, we would very much appreciate it if an appropriate expert
from the W3C could provide an informal review of this specification
(much as we did last year regarding a spec for sending XHTML over XMPP).
Once we complete this informal review and make appropriate adjustments
to the specification, the Jabber Council will decide whether to advance
the spec to a status of Draft within the JSF's standards process. At a
later stage in the life of this spec (before it advances to a status of
Final), it would be appropriate to complete a more formal review, but at
this time we are seeking an informal review only.

Please let me know if you need further information from me.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre