From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@jabber.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:04:19 -0600
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Cc: www-ws-cq@w3.org

Hugo Haas recommended that I communicate with the XML Protocol Working
Group (cc'ing the W3C Web Services Coordination Group) regarding a
binding of SOAP to XMPP (see RFC 3920) that has been defined by the
Jabber Software Foundation (JSF). The SOAP XMPP Binding is specified in
JEP-0072 within the JSF's JEP series:

At this time, we would very much appreciate it if an appropriate expert
from the W3C could provide an informal review of this specification
(much as we did last year regarding a spec for sending XHTML over XMPP).
Once we complete this informal review and make appropriate adjustments
to the specification, the Jabber Council will decide whether to advance
the spec to a status of Draft within the JSF's standards process. At a
later stage in the life of this spec (before it advances to a status of
Final), it would be appropriate to complete a more formal review, but at
this time we are seeking an informal review only.

Please let me know if you need further information from me.

Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation