RE: SOAP-DSIG and OASIS WSS Soap message security

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 13:35:17 -0700
To: "Juneja, Manoj" <manoj.juneja@intel.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Manoj,

The OASIS WSS spec provides a framework for securing SOAP messages. This
framework is based on the notion of security tokens and the XMLDSIG and
XMLENC specs. You should find that the signatures specified by the OASIS
WSS spec are perfectly valid per the XMLDSIG spec. There are several
implementations of OASIS WSS ( including the XMLDSIG and XMLENC bits ).
Are you trying to talk to a particular vendors toolkit? Or are you
building your own?

Martin