Re: Issue 455 closed: Representation header and SOAP processing model

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:41:32 -0800
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com, Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@systinet.com>, Jean-Jacques Moreau <jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr>, XMLP Dist App <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Yves Lafon wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
>

>>Also:  I think the particular name "sticky" is a bit unfortunate.  Would
>>"reinsertRepresentation" have a slightly less pejorative connotation?
>

> Just to note that the name "sticky" was meant to be changed if a better
> alternative was found.

Actually the name "sticky" was never mentioned during the F2F. It was
initially called 'anish-header' and later something like -- 'name to be
decided later'.

I came up with the name 'sticky' for the draft (didn't want it to be
called Anish-header ;-) ). The inspiration for the header is the
behavior of the Unix's sticky bit [1] on regular files where the program
text portion is "sticky".

I guess I should have called it "miffy-role" ;-)

-Anish
--

[1] http://www.faqs.org/faqs/hp/hpux-faq/section-70.html