Re: Issue 455 closed: Representation header and SOAP processing model

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:39:26 -0500
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@systinet.com>
Cc: XMLP Dist App <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Jackek Kopecky writes:

> it seems to me that what you are describing is the
> default behavior - Representation header is removed by
> any node that processes it, except when the node knows
> better, e.g. by following the rules of our sticky role.

Were that true we wouldn't be having this discussion.  Jean-Jacques
proposal says [1]

* 2. The Representation header block MUST always be reinserted, even if
processed.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but this seems to eliminate all latitude, and
perhaps make the sticky role somewhat redundant.  This discussion is
starting to feel a bit strange, which is often a signal that I am
confused.  If so, my apologies for leading us astray.

Noah

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlp-comments/2004Mar/0024.html

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation