Issues 460, 461 and 462

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:46:19 -0800
To: "XMLP Dist App" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I took ( was given? ) an action at the 2004-02-18 telcon to produce a
proposal to address issues 460-462 in terms of the current spec.

I propose we add the following text to bullet 4 of section 4.1 of XOP.

Note: The requirement that all nodes to be optimized have a type of
xs:base64Binary does not mean that all such nodes must be optimized. An
implementation might choose not to optimize certain nodes despite them
having a type of xs:base64Binary.

Note: Implementatons are free to assign the xs:base64Binary type to any
node in the data model whose lexical form is as described above. For
example, a node whose type was a restriction of xs:base64Binary could
still be labelled as xs:base64Binary for the purposes of XOP processing.

Cheers

Gudge