	From: Prasad Yendluri [mailto:pyendluri@webmethods.com]
	Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2004 8:20 AM
	To: Ugo Corda
	Cc: Marc Hadley; Jonathan Marsh; www-ws-desc@w3.org;
xml-dist-app@w3.org
	Subject: Re: Describing which blobs are to be optimized.

	Ugo,

	Ugo Corda wrote:

		Hi Prasad,
		I am not sure what you mean by "WSDL still represents a
contract from the service perspective". In my view, WSDL represents a
mutual contract that equally binds both the client and the server.

	Exactly what I said. WSDL represents the description of what the
service provides (the interfaces, operations etc.) and how the service
can be accessed by the clients. Not a client describing what a service
needs to provide it.  The service is bound to what it describes to
offer; and how and the client to, what the service requires / expects
from the client.

		If we are talking about who really desires the MTOM
feature, that should be whoever wrote the WSDL and introduced the
request for that feature. And, as I mentioned before, that could either
be the client or the server provider.

	It does not matter if the client had influence in what  the
service offers and how. WSDL description does not have any formal
representation of it and things need to be interpreted as what the
service offers and expects from (all) clients (not just the one
influenced, it if at all).

		Regards,
		Ugo