Re: Describing which blobs are to be optimized.

Since it is the server that is marking this optional, my interpretation
would be that the server prefers to send and receive optimized
serializations but the client is not required oblige it. If the client
does not initiate with an optimized serialization then the server SHOULD
not use the optimization. I agree the semantics of "optional" nature of
this feature need to be captured properly.

Regards, Prasad