RE: request for clarification of SOAP/HTTP binding in SOAP 1.2

I'd like to follow a bit further on this.

It is my understanding that the SOAP Request-Response MEP does not
constrain what goes in the request and the response, merely that when
using request-response and the SOAP HTTP binding then the request part
of the MEP goes in the HTTP request and the response part of the MEP
goes in the HTTP response.

Specifically, it does not say that an application level request/response
(ie wsdl operation) is constrained to use a single req-resp MEP.  It is
a perfectly valid use of the SOAP req-resp MEP for an application level
req/resp to use two(2) req-resp MEPs when bound to SOAP.

Cheers,
Dave

On
> Behalf Of noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
> Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 6:53 AM
> To: Anish Karmarkar
> Cc: Sanjiva Weerawarana; xml-dist-app@w3.org
> Subject: Re: request for clarification of SOAP/HTTP binding in SOAP
1.2

> Also unofficially, my analysis substantially agrees with Anish's.  The
> limitation is, of course, in the particular HTTP binding.  It would be
> quite possible in principle to write a specification for a different
HTTP