Re: XML Protocol Last Call Issue 493 resolution

Hi Mark,

At 5:02 PM -0700 04.7.27, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>The XML Protocol Working Group has closed issue 493 with no action,
>because the semantics and proper use of Content-Transfer-Encoding
>are felt to be well-understood and documented by the MIME
>specifications.
>
>1. http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-lc-issues.html#x493

I agree that the the semantics and proper use of "Content-Transfer-Encoding"
field is well documented by the MIME specifications.

But I still think it's a good idea to mention the limitation of the
use of "binary"
encoding as combined with certain protocols (such as SMTP) since XOP package
is supposed to be used with various protocols (not limited to HTTP)
and that the
applicability of "binary" encoding is essential for the optimized
transmission of
XOP package.

--
Jun Fujisawa