Re: The content of rep:Data element

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:41:37 -0700
To: Jun Fujisawa <fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>
Cc: xmlp-comments@w3.org, "Xml-Dist-App@W3. Org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Why does it have to be in canonical lexical form?
Is this because of MTOM's requirement?
The SOAP Resource Representation Header block can exist independent of
MTOM, therefore I think it is unnecessary to say that the lexical form
must be the canonical form. Although, it is certainly true that if it
isn't in the canonical form then one cannot use MTOM to optimize it.

-Anish