Re: XML protocol comparisons

From: Patrick Steer <webmaster@die-werbung.de>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 10:48:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

I put together a comparison of a bunch of XML protocols, SOAP
 [http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#SOAP] ICE
[http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#ICE] WDDX
[http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#WDDX] BizTalk
[http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#BizTalk] IOTP
[http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#IOTP] TIP
[http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#TIP] WfXML
[http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#WfXML] ebXML
[http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#ebXML] XMI
[http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#XMI]

 for everyone to discuss/dispute. It is said that the best way to get a
question answered on usenet is to post an incorrect answer. Persuant to
that, I have not done extensive readings of some of the protocol papers
during my characterizations, but at least they're all there in a forum
where we can compare apples and fruit baskets. I'll be adding more
dimensions and would like feedback on what people wish to compare. Also,
I'd like to have anchor-rich HTML versions of the documents so I can
point to specific parts of the spec as supporting evidence.
http://java.project-web.org
http://ebooks.die-werbung.de
http://project-web.org