Proposed text for issues rec20 and rec22 - Part 2

From: <michael.mahan@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:50:07 -0400
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I took an action item in last weeks teleconf to extend Noah's efforts in Rec20/22
and look at part 2. I believe Noah was correct when he stated that he did not think
much was needed in Part 2. [1].

I found 2 areas of text which MAY need attention

<current>
The lexical value of a graph node representing a simple value is the sequence of
Unicode characters identified by the character information item children of the
element information item representing that node. The element information item
representing a simple value node MAY have among its attributes a 'nodeType' attribute
information item (see 3.1.7 nodeType Attribute Information Item). Note that certain
Unicode characters cannot be represented in XML (see XML 1.0 [XML 1.0] >,[ref to XML 1.1]<).
</current>

<proposed> little change, just wanted to make this section visible to all and verify. </proposed>

<current>
7.1.4 HTTP Media-Type
Conforming implementations of this binding:

1. MUST be capable of sending and receiving messages serialized using media type
"application/soap+xml" whose proper use and parameters are described in A. The
application/soap+xml Media Type.

2. MAY send requests and responses using other media types providing that such media
types provide for at least the transfer of SOAP XML Infoset.
</current>

<proposed>
7.1.4 HTTP Media-Type
Conforming implementations of this binding:

1. MUST be capable of sending and receiving messages serialized using media type
"application/soap+xml" whose proper use and parameters are described in A. The
application/soap+xml Media Type.

2. MAY send requests and responses using other media types providing that such
media types >MUST< provide >the transfer of SOAP message Infosets that are
serializable as XML 1.0, and MAY provide for transfer of SOAP message
Infosets that are representable using other W3C recommendation-level
versions of XML (e.g. [link to XML 1.1]).<
</proposed>

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2004Apr/0012.html