Re: "RPC" and "Messaging" style of SOAP

From: giuseppe sarno <giusarno@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:40:03 +0000
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

Hi,
Investigating on Soap and web service I came across this thread and I was
wondering
Whether anyone could answer to those questions:

What is the difference in terms of Soap message whether we use RPC or
Messaging ?

Shouldn't the client be unaware of the fact that it is doing an RPC or using
Messaging ?

Shouldn't be the wsdl in both cases be the same ???

Shouldn't be the only difference in the Server service implementation
whether the message received be considered as RPC or not ?

Would in the Messaging case the message treated as RPC anyway (I mean would
a call on class with the function name described in the Soap message be
called ?)

Sorry for the amount of questions.

Cheers.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger