Re: use cases for MTOM

Mark,

I mostly agree with you comments.

XMLP-UC-6 needs to be discussed further. One of the biggest advantages
of using attachments is streaming. This can be positioned either as a
usecase or a requirement.
For example, consider a header containing large binary data. If this
binary data is contained in an attachment, then the sender (and
receiver) can stream the data out (and in). This allows the receiver to
start processing the SOAP message (for example looking at all the
headers and checking for MU) before the binary data has been received
(or sent by the sender).

Comments?

-Anish