From: "Marc Hadley" <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>; "Philippe Le Hegaret"
<plh@w3.org>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 1:19 AM
Subject: Re: Media types handling in WSDL 1.2

Jonathan, Philippe,

You didn't respond to my previous note below. I've been asked by the
XMLP WG to try once more to obtain an answer. If you don't respond
within a week we'll assume your silence means that you do not intend to
tackle the description side of MTOM in the WSD WG.

Regards,
Marc.

On Wednesday, Oct 8, 2003, at 16:37 US/Eastern, Marc Hadley wrote:

Jonathan, Philippe,

I have an action from the XMLP WG to follow up on the recent
discussions regarding WSD support for attachments. Are you able to
confirm that the WSD WG is going to tackle the description side of the
MTOM (nee PASWA) work currently underway in the XMLP WG ?

Thanks for any information.
Marc.

On Friday, Sep 26, 2003, at 11:21 US/Eastern, Marc Hadley wrote:

On Wednesday, Sep 17, 2003, at 14:33 US/Eastern, Philippe Le Hegaret
wrote:

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 13:57, Marc Hadley wrote:

Does the involvement of the ws-desc WG mean that the XMLP WG can
skip
working on the description oriented parts of PASWA ?

I certainly don't want to do the work on the XMLP WG :)

And similarly I don't want to do the work of the ws-desc WG ;-).

The reality is: the technical decisions of the WSD WG for embedding
media types in XML Schema will impact on the work done in the XMLP
WG.
Since the reverse is true, both WGs need to be aware of their work
and
make sure we coordinate on it and reach the same conclusions.

I agree and +1 Mark's comment[1] that I think we need a cross WG task
force of some kind.

Marc.

[1] http://www.w3.org/mid/09D54A43-E944-11D7-9930-00039396E15A@bea.com

--