Re: Rewording of "redundant binary objects" use case

Robin Berjon wrote:

> Herve Ruellan wrote:

<snip/>

> I agree with the use case being interesting in general, but I'd like to
> point out that your example with SVG is unrealistic. SVG has ways to
> reference content so that it would be a be silly (and in truth unlikely)
> that one will ever author a document in which you would copy an image
> several times: you put it in a <defs> section, and reference it.

Dear Robin,

Thank you for your comments.

Here is a tentative to make the use case less unrealistic, by making it
more general:

<UseCase version="1.1">
An application wishes to send a SOAP message that contains one or more
redundant binary pieces of data. Each redundant binary piece of data is
actually contained in several locations of the SOAP message (for
example, the SOAP message could contain an XML document which includes
in several locations the PNG logo of the company which authored the
document). For design reasons, this data cannot be referenced
externally, but must be transported with the message. Doing so by
replicating each redundant binary piece of data as many times as it is
contained in the SOAP message involves an unacceptable message size, due
to bandwidth, latency and/or storage requirements.
</UseCase>

Best regards,

Hervé.