Re: Media types handling in WSDL 1.2

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:14:37 -0400
To: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Cc: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>, Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org, Umit Yalcinalp <umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com>

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 20:41, Anish Karmarkar wrote:
> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> > I think Jonathan's on vacation .. that may explain his silence.
> >
> > Speaking in no official capacity for WS-Desc, I believe we will
> > indeed support the description side of MTOM. Philippe, isn't this
> > one of the WS-Desc action items you've got on your plate?
> >

> There are two issues here:
> 1) support for media types in XML, and
> 2) support for MTOM at the binding level
>
> My understanding was that Philippe's AI was for (1) and not (2)

Apologies for not being responsive. My action item was to propose a
solution to the WSDL WG. I ended up presentating a set of solutions
during the WSD f2f in September. The result was that a new solution was
proposed using an attribute extension to simpleType. Jonathan proposed
to create a note to hand off to XML Schema and/or XMLP WG and did not
find a potential editor so far.

Philippe

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0218.html