Re: Review - Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security (1 of 3)

On Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003, at 11:27 US/Eastern, Marc Hadley wrote:

> *** 406 "a message MAY have multiple <wsse:Security> header blocks if
> they are targeted for separate recipients." why can't a message
> contain multiple wsse:Security header blocks targetted at the same
> recipient, this seems like an uneccessary/arbitrary restriction.

Thinking about this some more, it occurs to me that this restriction
forces intermediaries that want to insert security information to
change header blocks that aren't targeted at them (assuming there's
already Security header block targeted at the same recipient).

This doesn't gel too well with the processing model of forwarding
intermediaries.

Marc.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>