generic MTOM proposal

From: Mark Nottingham <mark.nottingham@bea.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:03:34 -0800
To: "Xml-Dist-App@W3. Org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Please find attached a rough proposal for a generic MTOM specification.
I apologise again for its lateness.

Note that I've given it a somewhat whimsical name, because I don't want
to play "the name game" about the spec just yet; rather, I'd like
people to focus on the technical content. As a result, this
specification is only intended for the consideration of the XML
Protocol Working Group.

Also, note that there are a few sections (esp. regarding identifying
the format, security considerations, and notational conventions) that
need further development.

P.S. For those that fail to understand the reference, see

Office of the CTO   BEA Systems