Re: Proposed resolution for issue 440

Anish,

are you trying to say that you want your application to use the
inclusion part of MTOM to avoid having to specify a referencing scheme
and still to be able to transfer repeating binary data optimally?

Your application is free to do that, except that if it then uses SOAP,
the SOAP layer doesn't provide a way to specify anything but the infoset
of your message, so I'd imagine you'd put the binary chunks in headers.
The proposed Representation header would be suitable for this, wouldn't
it? 8-)

IOW, SOAP doesn't know about anything external to the infoset of a
message, and MTOM doesn't try to change that. Of course one could devise
a binding that had a feature of transporting additional parts and a
property containing those additional parts, and that's the SwA approach,
but since the processing model is unclear, PASWA (and subsequently MTOM)
chooses the other approach of everything in the infoset.

Hope it helps to clarify things,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Systinet Corporation
                   http://www.systinet.com/