RE: Concrete packaging spec

From: Eliezer Birinbom <Eliezerb@matrix.co.il>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 16:32:31 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jeffrey Schlimmer <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Hi Jeff,
This looks great. Finally something to hold on to.
Do you have any idea when will this proposal move forward ?
I am currently in the begging of the process of defining the standards for
an integration project for one of our customers.
The general giudeline for my work is to use the GXA specs, and the reason I
feel we might need something like WS-Attachments is for passing small, non
XML, text data in the body of the SOAP message.
The people form Microsoft in Israel are urging me to implement
WS-Attachment. They are saying that the expiry date is irrelevant, and that
WS-Attachments is a standard that is already implemented by Microsoft and
That is why it is important for me to understand the timeline and commitment
to the old and new standards.