RE: Content-free Header and Body elements

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 21:51:15 -0400 (EDT)
To: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
cc: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

> OK, this is covered in[1]
>
> And no, you can't remove an empty Header element. My take is so
> that you can sign it and say 'It is empty, there were no headers
> sent with this message'

Does Rule #1 prevent an intermediary from adding <S:Header/> if none
is present?  That would be pinning an awful lot on the meaning of
"preserved"; perhaps "preserved unmodified" was what was really meant?

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part1/#soapinterminfoset

        /r$
--
Rich Salz                     Chief Security Architect
DataPower Technology          http://www.datapower.com