RE: IBM CICS rejects REST :-) :-)

From: Kellie deRuyter <kderuyter1@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:13:52 -0400 (EDT)
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Hello,

Generally,

I don't read these things but I have a few minutes so...

but eventually, the core system will become obsolete,
and the intermediation code will only decrease the performance of the
system.

IBM is spending a great deal of money to make sure this doesn't happen.
I have seen no evidence of what you speak.

And...

Does anyone have any early information about the performance of this
solution over either sync (HTTP) or async transport?

I don't but I am considering providing it to my customers.
Many people need performance information and that gets expensive in large systems.
Today the question is does the performance information justify the cost.

In other words, will it add to my bottom line.

Cheers,

Richard Smith