Re: New attachments issues

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:38:54 -0400
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
CC: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

> So, implemented in the naive way in which the
> entire "binary buffer" is first converted to characters

I'd be surprised if any crypto vendors (still in business :) require the
entire datastream to be available all at once.  From the beginning, the
digest mechanisms were able to work in "chunks."  It might be worth
mentioning this as an aside, but such poor code already has issues with
keeping an entire copy of the c14n'd document in-core now.  Since we all
expect the binary data to be much bigger, however, it's probably worth
making that explicit.

	/r$

--
Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect