Re: AFTF requirements, pre-2003/01/31 telcon

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:10:40 -0500 (EST)
To: mgudgin@microsoft.com
cc: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, "jones@research.att.com" <jones@research.att.com>, Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

> DRXX - A message with all its parts, however separated physically, must
> be representable as a single infoset and describable as a single XML
> element in an XML schema.

What's the Infoset description of an external XML message with its own DTD?

What's the rationale for wanting to impose the Infoset model on
anything someone might want to reference from a SOAP message?  What kinds
of things do you think would be gained and lost from this approach?

Without knowing more details, I don't feel comfortable saying more than
this doesn't seem like the right thing to do.  (Well, okay, it makes me
want to hurl, to be more accurate.)  But I would like to know the answers
to my questions above.
        /r$