RE: AFTF requirements list with comments, pre-2003/01/28 telcon (revised)

Web architecture doesn't stipulate absolute URIs.  I would like to allow
frag ids, specifically so that parts could actually be fragments within an
xml document.  One example would be a soap with attachments package that
contains 2 xml documents, and the first refers to a part that is within the
2nd xml document.  I expect that in most cases, people would use absolute
URIs, but I can think of scenarios where they would want a fragment.  Let's
make this a bit more concrete.  I want to chunk a large xml document.  Say I
decide to split this into 2 documents. I could use an xinclude in the first
to refer to the 2nd, and I have an application that reads the first chunk,
then afterwards resolves the xinclude.  As XML requires a root note, the
XInclude has to point to a fragment in the 2nd document, specifically all
the children of the root node.

Now if a new version of XML allowed xml to not have a root node, like
external entities, this might be solved. :-)

I absolutely agree with carrying the media type.  Violently in fact.  These
documents, and parts, must be correctly self-describing.  Now that's web
architecture!

Cheers,
Dave