Re: AFTF requirements list with comments, pre-2003/01/28 telcon

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:11:05 -0500
To: jones@research.att.com, sanjiva@us.ibm.com, xml-dist-app@w3.org

On the AFTF call just completed I was asked to draft proposed working for
new requirements relating to metadata.  Here's a cut:

DRx:  The specification should provide convenient means for extending the
metadata carried with a message.  Such mechanisms should specifically
allow for extensions to the set of metadata associated with individual
parts.

DRy:  The specification should provide a means by which any or all parts
MAY be labeled with associated MIME types.  (I.e. applications sending a
message are not obligated to label parts with MIME types, but the
specification must provide for carrying the MIME type if provided.)

How's that?

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142