Again ... Question on SOAP 1.1 "mustUnderstand"

From: Jesus M. Salvo Jr. <jesus.salvo@migasia.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:15:29 +1100
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

Sorry for the earlier-post.

The definition for the "mustUnderstand" attribute in SOAP 1.1 is:

 <!-- Global Attributes.  The following attributes are intended to be
usable via qualified attribute names on any complex type referencing
them.  -->
 <xs:attribute name="mustUnderstand" default="0" >       <xs:simpleType>
    <xs:restriction base='xs:boolean'>
      <xs:pattern value='0|1' />
    </xs:restriction>
  </xs:simpleType>
 </xs:attribute>

The problem I am having is that Xerces 2.3.0, with schema validation
turned on, is reporting an error about the above and the Xerces
developers said that it is a bug in the SOAP schema ( citing the
particular section of the Schema specification ), and that previous
 versions of Xerces (2.2.1) did not pick the bug in the SOAP schema
because Xerces 2.2.1 had a bug too related to it.

I will forward the response that I got from the Xerces mailing list.