RE: concatenating web services

Your analysis of WS-Routing is spot on. That stated, I've seen people
use WS-Routing (or home-grown variations) to do some pretty twisted
things. SOAP is pretty vague about what a SOAP intermediary can do to a
message before relaying it to the next SOAP node.

One feature of WS-Routing that would be useful in this scenario is the
ability to do transport-independent async messaging. If one crafted the
message schemas correctly, getting the first service to send a message
to the second one wouldn't be terribly hard.

> The new W3C WS Choreography Working Group proposes to define a
language
> which would allow you to create a composite web service that would
> coordinate this type of process. The announcement for the group only
came
> out yesterday, so they haven't delivered very much yet. You might look
at
> WSCI (http://www.w3.org/TR/wsci/).

I think a simple XSLT (or equivalent) would solve this guy's problem.

(http://www.collaxa.com/home.index.jsp). I