Re: What is a SOAP Message

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 12:49:30PM -0500, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
> I think it's useful and appropriate to separate the term "message" from
> "envelope".   I think the destination and web method are surely part of the
> message.

Absolutely!  To generalize, I'd say this ...

When a SOAP envelope is sent over an application protocol, then the
"SOAP message" consists of the underlying protocol envelope together
with the SOAP envelope.  When sent over a transport protocol, the SOAP
message consists of the SOAP envelope.

FWIW, I raised this in WS-Arch[1], as an attempt to address issue 2[2];

 [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Sep/0306.html
 [2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/2/issues/wsa-issues.html#x2

MB