Re: Proposal for Miffy MIME Headers

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:20:37 +0000
To: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org

At 22:55 16/12/03 -0800, Anish Karmarkar wrote:
>By that, you mean that receiver/decoder/reconstructor must not require the
>presence of such headers, but if they are present then they may have to be
>taken into account. Right?
>
>Specifically, I am thinking of content-transfer-encoding.

I was going to make a similar comment... some MIME headers, when present,
must be analyzed to properly interpret the MIME structure.  Noah's comment
seemed to focus on headers that were used for other purposes.

(BTW, Content-length is not strictly a MIME header:  it is defined by HTTP,
IIRC.)

#g

Graham Klyne
For email: